To help you get a fair idea of the current scenario regarding the F1 visa appointments, below are a few important and frequently asked questions and their responses as per the recent update from the US Embassy.
1) When will appointments for F1 visas begin for fall 2022 applicants?
F1 appointments for fresh applicants will most probably start from 17th May. Initially, they will open appointments till the end of June. This year, they will accommodate all the students intending to apply for an F1 visa for fall 2022. Therefore, students are requested to not panic and apply for the interview date only after they receive the I-20 from the desired university. Also, we suggest that you take the visa appointment in Mumbai rather than in Delhi or Chennai.
2) If my visa was rejected the first time, when can I apply for the interview next?
They will most probably give a second chance to rejected applicants between 15th August to 1st September.
3) If I have any other US visa (B1/B2/H1/H4/L1/L2) which has expired, can I still get a drop box facility for an F1 visa?
Yes, you can, provided your visa expired not more than 4 years ago.
4) If I apply for the F1 visa through drop box, how long will it take to receive my passport?
You are likely to receive your passport within 7 working days.
5) Can I make changes to the already submitted DS-160?
Yes, you can make all the necessary corrections including the name of the university.
6) Do I need to show the same financial documents for the visa interview which I submitted during the application process?
No, your documents cannot be the same. For visa interview, you mainly need to carry the latest documents including bank statement, fixed deposit receipts, loan sanction letter etc.
7) What are the vaccination requirements before landing in America?
As per the CDC regulation, you need to be double vaccinated and you are required to take the RT-PCR 24 hours before boarding the flight.
For further guidance related to :
- filling the DS-160 form
- payment of visa fees
- scheduling/changing visa appointments
- document verification
You can enroll for our visa counseling services and also avail of a mock visa interview appointment with Mr. Dilip Oak. To enroll, call us on 020-67444222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.