The looming uncertainties about visa processes and admissions to US universities due to ongoing lockdown have put the long term plans on hold for many students who have already secured university admits. Meanwhile, many of you, who are currently preparing for the GRE and have joined GRE coaching, are also finding it difficult to plan and manage their studies due to suspension of classes and postponement of tests.
As of now, there is no clarity by when these situations will improve and classes will resume. Therefore, to help you make the best use of this lockdown time without being affected by the mounting pressure, we have come up with a few tips that will help you continue your studies at home, in a smart way!
Verbal Reasoning Section
- Keep reading. Not losing touch with the syllabus is most crucial at this point. Revise and practice whatever has been covered in your class till now.
- Solve at least five to six passages for Reading Comprehension and 10-15 questions for Sentence Equivalence, Text Completion and Sentence Completion every day. Understand where you are going wrong and improvise accordingly.
- Learn and memorize at least 20 to 25 GRE words every day. Mark the ones you find difficult and practice them more.
- Brainstorm two to three Issue and Argument topics each, every alternate day to cover different topics.
- Practice writing at least two Issue and Argument essays each in 30 minutes, every week, to become comfortable with timed writing.
Quantitative Reasoning Section
- Make sure to revise and be thorough with basic concepts and formulae.
- Focus more on quantitative comparison questions since they are trickier than other question types and constitute around 40 percent of the total 20 questions.
- Solve one set (minimum of 20 questions) every day.
- The Data Interpretation section is relatively easy to study and score, so make sure you practice that section well.
- Most engineering students are good with basic concepts but make silly mistakes during calculations and lose marks. To avoid this, practice manually, using a pen and paper so you become more attentive.
- For those who are students of Dilip Oak’s Academy, solve Book 4 thoroughly. It will help you to understand the exact requirement of every problem and use the concepts correctly. If you do this, you can manage to score 160+ easily.
GRE Material and Prep Tools for Quick Study
If you are a Dilip Oak’s Academy student, you have a suite of online features that you can make maximum use of to practice:
Focused Practice – Reinforce your understanding by testing yourself on:
- Topic-wise questions for the Quantitative Reasoning section
- Specific question types for the Verbal Reasoning section
- 400+ on Verbal and Quantitative sections combined
- Customized Practice Sessions: choose question types and difficulty levels and practice using timed and untimed modes
- In-depth Explanatory Answers: view detailed explanations for every question
- Instant Review: view your results immediately after each practice session
- AWM Essays: graded on ETS’s 6-point scale with feedback from the experts
- Explanatory Review: details explanatory answers for every single question
- Detailed Analysis: question-wise analysis of your performance to enable you to gauge your strengths and weaknesses
Vocabulary App – Covers 1500 high-frequency words
- Images illustrating word meaning
- Sample sentences and roots
- Test mode to help you master the word list.
Note: All the above-mentioned facilities can be availed fully only if you have enrolled for GRE coaching at Dilip Oak’s Academy. If you are not an academy student, you can still purchase our online practice packages. View our Plans & Pricing HERE