Prepare to be Sentenced!
One of the most important building-blocks of an essay is the sentence. Writing an essay for an Analytical Writing Task in the GRE or the GMAT – or even the TOEFL Independent Writing Task – means that you will be expressing your thoughts in an academic context. So, you need to use sentences that are acceptable in that kind of context, but also effectively to translate your ideas onto the screen
- Complex sentences show that you are able to use the language fluently
- Clear well-formed sentences make your essay easy to understand
- Variety in sentence construction will make your essay interesting
How can you write like that? Simple, click on the link below and find out:
The link will take you to some useful suggestions published by the University of Ottawa, Canada on ‘Hypergrammar,’ their online resource page for grammar and writing. Use this link to understand:
- the importance of sentence structure
- the purpose of different types of sentences,
- what kind of sentences work best in formal writing assignments such as essays.
Happy reading. Happy writing!