Congratulations! You’ve secured admission to an American university – and you’re rightly thrilled. But do you know all the formalities you have to go through in order to get there? And, even if you have thought about them a bit, do you know all the details relating to the important matters below?
• the student (F1) visa
• foreign exchange
• airport formalities (port of entry/immigration procedures)
• medical checkups & immunizations
• initial formalities in the university
• accommodation (on- & off – campus)
• financial and other formalities for the first semester of studies
If you don’t know about these, then you need to find out because they are all a part of the next stage in getting to your university in America. There’s a lot to take care of, it’s all complex and crucial – and if you are a first time traveller it’s all going to be very new and confusing. You know that mistakes will mean headaches, delays and increased costs you can’t afford; and you know that there’s only one way to do this: that is to get things right from the start.
Worried? Don’t be. We have an excellent solution for you – Our Pre-Departure Orientation Program for students planning to join American universities for the spring 2015 semester. In this program Mr. Oak, with his decades-long experience in the field, will guide you through the complexities of going to America. The program has been organized just to make your journey to your American university smooth and hassle-free.
What are the other benefits of attending?
But that’s not all.
1. In addition to the orientation, you will be given ‘Get Set to Go’, a booklet written by Mr. Dilip Oak, which explains all these matters in detail – so you have a written guide to go back to any time you have a doubt.
2. You will also get an excellent opportunity to connect with other students going to your university – at the end of the program we form groups of students joining the same university so that you can make joint travel plans and staying arrangements at the university.
3. Finally , we will also provide contact details of seniors studying at your university so that you can contact them in advance and:
a. make temporary housing arrangements
b. schedule airport pick-up and
c. help you cope with the initial settling process
Who can attend?
Please note that the Pre-departure Orientation is only for those students (and parents of students) who have received confirmed admission to American universities for the spring 2015 semester. So, in order to get passes for the program, you must show the I-20 form issued by your university (or your stamped F1 visa).
When and where is the Orientation?
Date: Sunday, 23rd November 2014
Time: 10:00 am.
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Auditorium,
Opp. J.W. Marriott, Off Senapati Bapat Road,
PLEASE NOTE: SEATS ARE LIMITED.
COLLECT YOUR ENTRY PASS FROM THE ACADEMY SOON.