If you are applying for spring, here’s one last call to check the timeline for applications – though university deadlines for spring go up to December, the last phase of deadlines is drawing to a close (see deadlines for spring 2014 for more details). For those late universities there are still a number of things you need to get done right away! Note that the timeline below is geared to the earliest universities (which have their deadlines in June). However, the steps given below all need to be taken for all universities no matter what their deadlines are. So, hurry and get into action, there’s no time to lose.
P.S. for those who have already taken admission make sure that you take the 8 steps mentioned right at the end of the blog. Good luck to you all!
- Review you goals for MS education and choose some specific areas in which you would like to specialize
- Register for the GRE and TOEFL examinations – these examinations should preferably be taken by June.
March 2013 – Make a preliminary list of about 30 universities which meet your requirements considering:
- Broad specializations you are interested in
- Recommendations by seniors, your professors etc.
- Whether your academic profile fits the universities requirements.