US is the #1 choice for Indians going abroad for higher education
Today, the dream of getting a US degree is no longer something that only the “rich” can dream of. Now many students from middle class backgrounds can also get higher education in the US, without putting a huge financial burden on their parents. This is evident from the recent trends:
- Overall, the number of Indian students going abroad for education increased 256% in 2000-2009
- An estimated 21 million students will be admitted into American universities in Fall 2013
The facts also show that America is the most popular educational destination especially for engineering and business:
- The top three destinations for Indian students going abroad are: #1 America, #2 Europe, #3 Australia
- America dominates, with a lion’s share of over 50% of the students
- The top two streams at American grad schools are Engineering & Business
There is great demand for higher education in the US.
What is driving the trend?
As the American economy recovers from the recent 2008-2010 Global Economic Crisis, employment rates in the country are improving. There is a great need for skilled labour, particularly of engineering graduates across fields. According to US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) projections, US companies alone created 178,000 engineering jobs between 2008 and 2010. In fact, Engineering (Biomedical Engineers, Software Engineers and Environmental Engineers) featured at the very top of BLS list of the “Fastest Growing Occupations.” This growth is being driven by the growth of technology giants such as Google, Apple, Oracle and a sharp rise in the number of ‘start-ups’ or new technology companies. The change in traditional businesses to automated, mechanized or digital formats is another reason driving a huge need for engineers in the US.
What makes it possible for the middle class?
The key factors that make an American education possible for all types and categories of students are the availability of:
- a variety of easy funding and repayment options
- focused examination preparation and coaching
- professional counseling through each and every step of the admissions process has made this possible.
Find out more on how YOU can get an American degree at our FREE SEMINAR on “Higher Education in the US”
Time: 5.45 to 8 pm
Date: Sunday the 17th of February 2013
Venue: Ganesh Kala Krida Manch, Pune.
This seminar is open to all students, working professionals and parents.
No prior registration needed!
In case you have any questions, please contact the Dilip Oak’s Academy Office
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Call: +91-020-25656237, 25678066, 25654052